Friday, February 15, 2008

Free Pancakes!




Tuesday was National Pancake Day at IHOP. You get a free stack of pancakes and then if you want, you can donate to the Children's Miracle Network (I think that is the one).


So Ez and I thought, gee, wouldn't it be fun to get the kids up and ready for school and then take them out to breakfast? We never go out to breakfast, what a fun idea that I am certain everyone will love! Well, it was a great idea--in theory!


This is more how the morning played out. My alarm went off. Ugh. Oh yeah, I am doing this getting up earlier on a school morning thing so we can have fun family time. Next--wake up the kids and convince them it is worth it to get out of bed a bit early do we can have fun! Try to wake up a dad who is used to sleeping in in the morning since he works graveyards.


Ok. So everyone is essentially happy and ready to go. The lady at IHOP is smart, sees our little group, and quite literally sticks us in a little corner. I actually didn't mind! So we order the pancakes plus a few other little things to make sure everyone eats enough breakfast. The food comes, the bacon and sausage are eaten quickly. No one want the yummy $10 omlet I bought to make sure there is enough protein to go around. There is some encouraging on my end to please, please, please drink all that Orange Juice sitting in front of you that we are paying for. Breakfast is done. Mom and Dad ate their pancakes, everyone else nibbled and wasted. The bill comes. We pay it, we drop kids off to school, come home, and relax.


At home, I think--boy, that was not quite what I expected. It is a darn good thing that this fun idea of getting free pancakes for breakfast ended up costing me $30 and no one actually ate the free part! Breakfast is not the meal to eat out, if you are going to go out at all!

0 comments: