Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My little love affair...

Here's my story:

A little over a week ago we were having a visiting teaching brunch to celebrate a friend's birthday. All being moms, we shared the wonderful stories the joy of having children tends to bring into our lives! Messes got brought up, what a surprise. Having lots of little ones, especially Joe, we tend to have our fair share of messes.

I mentioned one particular time when Joe found a tube of toothpaste and squirted it in blobs on the carpet in my bedroom. I dabbed it up and did a basic cleaning of the mess, but it was night time, I was tired and busy and didn't feel like scrubbing for an hour. So of course the stain sat there for a few weeks. I know that sounds so lazy, but how often is company in my room?

So my friend mentions this tool called the SpotBot and tells me how wonderful it is--you sit it on top of the stain, turn it on and walk away. When it is done cleaning, it beeps at you until you pick it up. She lent me her SpotBot to give it a whirl.

I love the SpotBot! It is the most wonderful tool for moms and messes. My toothpaste messes were all gone within about 12 minutes (4 spots at 3 minutes each). There was no scrubbing or soaking or wishing I had never had children to make messes in the first place. In fact, I ran around tidying other things at the same time! After it was done, I was amazed how many spots there suddenly were around my house--and I cleaned every one of them up!

I was thankful to have it still in my house yesterday when Joe got into my makeup bag (nothing is sacred these days) and ran my nice new lipstick across the carpet. All clean now!

If you haven't heard of the SpotBot, now you have. If you doubted their effectivenss, you can feel at ease. You should get one, you will love it. It is on my list of things that I love and need to buy.

They should pay me for such great advertising....

2 comments:

Anne said...

I love your blog, Keri! And I'm definitely going to have to find that "Spotbot." We have a stubborn ballpoint ink pen stain that even our carpet cleaner couldn't get out. Wonder if this would do the trick?

debbie said...

Hi Keri, I love these blogs. It's like having a visit even though you are miles apart. Love the spotbot commercial I will have to pass it on. Several of the young moms in our ward have blogspots and it is fun to see how the kids grow. Love ya, Aunt Debbie