Wednesday, May 21, 2008

FINALLY--we are finished! (mostly)

I am proud to say we are at last done with our home improvement projects. It will be so very nice to get our home and yard back to normal.

What we've accomplished since we have moved in nearly 2 years ago:
-Fencing around the pool
-Cement pour widening the driveway and replacing and widening the patio in the back yard
-Cement pour changing the dog run and widening the cement on the side yard
-tearing down brick and changing the fireplace area
-repainting kids rooms, all hallways, the living room, family room, dining room and kitchen
-tearing out the 10+ cypress trees in the back yard
-replacing and staining 2 out of the 3 fences in the back yard
-repair sprinklers in back yard, raise dirt level and lay new sod

I am tired just writing it all! We didn't even buy a fixer-upper kind of house--it was just nice to make it the way we wanted it to be for the family. It has been a long process, but we are really happy with the way things have worked out. The back yard is our new excitement now--it is so much lovelier now and we look forward to being able to walk on the grass in 2 more weeks since it just got replaced last weekend.

We only have one more daunting task--to get everything back in order. The house is pretty good. It is the garage that needs the cleaning now! We bought a shed from Costco about 6 months ago to put in the back yard. Yeah, it is still in the box in the garage. Once we put it together we can finally pull everything out of the garage and into the shed where we want it, and then I can get to cleaning the rest of it up. Until then, I can't wrap my head around that final project!

Now perhaps I can get back into my reading and the sewing projects I have mentally stacking up in my brain. There are other things I want to do with my time other than cleaning projects...

Before...



The white trash fence...


After!

1 comments:

Anne said...

I love your yard! So bright and sunny. I'd love to see the pics of the rest of your labors. So fun! :)