Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mayor of the paper city

David's class was going to build a paper city after STAR testing was over. The kids could run for mayor if they wanted. David thought there could be nothing better. He was so excited. He prepared a little speech and practiced it and was set to lead the little paper city to great heights.

He ended up being the only kid out of the 4 who ran for mayor that actually prepared a speech! Apparently he got 17 out of 20 votes. He was rather proud. We all thought it was neat that he was so into it. David has grown a lot in a year. We went from tears and anxiety about public school to home school last year, back to public school this year, and he is just so much more comfortable and outgoing! Hooray for great teachers. We lucked out this year.

2 comments:

Anne said...

What a fun project! Go David! I think that's adorable that he prepared a speech. What a stud!

Laura said...

I LOVE your blog! Yours is WAY cute -- I'd love to show you how I did mine, but I don't see why you'd need to change it. I love it! You are a really good writer!