Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Alexis!

Today Alexis turned 10! Wow, it seems like a big year, doesn't it? She had a rather fun celebration. A couple of weeks ago she had a pool party with her friends before school let out.

We spent the first part of today at Six Flags, then went to lunch at Mimi's Cafe, came home and opened gifts and played. We finished off the evening with yummy brownie sundaes (you only need birthday cake once, right?!).

Ten reasons I love Alexis on this 10th birthday:

1. She is a helper to the core. I can always count on Alexis to get me through any thing I need an extra hand in.
2. Alexis loves to be a big sister--it is fun to watch her take Lily or Joe under her wing and try to teach them something, or to hold Evelyn and play with her.
3. Alexis loves to read. When she gets in a good book, she will disappear until she nears the end!
4. Alexis loves cake and sugar cookies and cupcakes, but only if the frosting is cut off or wiped off first! That just makes me laugh.
5. She is always willing to try new things, never really worrying that she might fail.
6. She is learning to be quite the helpful cook in the kitchen.
7. Alexis loves to get the chance to perform!
8. She would rather take cucumbers and bell peppers in her lunch than a sandwich.
9. Alexis LOVES shrimp! When she was about 4, we went to a brunch buffet to celebrate Grandma Jane's birthday. We spent probably half the time shelling shrimp for her to eat!
10. Though not in every way, Alexis takes after her mom! I see many characteristic of myself in Alexis. She has the same tendency to love her little crafting and organizing projects, she has the same lack of athletic ability (which we hope to curb!), she simply makes me smile.

A few photos of Alexis as we have celebrated her life in our family:

3 comments:

Laura said...

Gosh--- there are pics in there that look so much like Evie (you've mentioned this before...) BUT, there are also pictures in there that REALLY remind me of Lily! Your kids are so beautiful! Happy birthday Alexis!

~Stappsters~ said...

I remember when she was born! You are so beautiful Alexis!
(I have to scrape off my frosting too!)

Kayla said...

Happy Birthday Alexis. You are a really sweet girl and I miss you.

Love,
Kayla