Saturday, June 21, 2008

They're back!...plus a special treat

We love Costco--we buy everything there! Ez is especially funny about Costco. He loves going, and is disappointed to miss a shopping trip to his favorite store. Last summer Ez bought a bag of barbecue-flavored Kettle potato chips. I wasn't too excited since I am not a fan of barbecue chips...normally. Well, these chips are divine! We love them and probably eat more of them than we should.

Toward the end of the summer last year, I bought a bag of these yummy chips. It happened to be during a time when Ez was gone a lot with overtime and what not for work, so to tell you the truth, I nearly polished off the entire bag on my own. He discovered the nearly empty bag and was so bummed he didn't get to partake.

Well, the next time at Costco--guess what!? No more barbecue chips. Man, did I get a look. I ate the last bag of chips in all of Costco (but at least I enjoyed them!). Since that trip and the grim discovery, we have continued to frequent Costco, perhaps 100 times since then, and every time we look for the chips. If they aren't there, which they never are, I get another look and a comment about me eating that last bag all by myself. So, we went to Costco yesterday--the chips are back! HOORAY! I think I am finally forgiven!

Last night Ez and I sat and watched a movie and munched on super yummy chips, and the world was happy again. We also bought another treat at Costco--Thomas Kemper sodas. We don't buy soda typically, but we figure these can be kept up high out of the reach of little hands and saved for special occasions. Ez drank the Root Beer, and I drank the Orange Cream--which was like drinking a divine dessert, by the way. A fun, fun night!

2 comments:

The Eccles said...

It's the simple things in life!
I hate that products are come and go at costco/sam's club! I have the same luck...it forces me to try new things~ I guess that's good!
p.s. cute blog

Laura said...

YUM! We'll have to get a bag next time we are there. I LOVE those Kettle brand chips, so I'm sure the bbq ones are great! Oh- and I love the previous few posts -- David's rollercoaster is great! Tell him good job! And I love all the summer-time pics and Lily running through the water. You've already done so much this Summer! I'm impressed! :) See ya!