Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Evelyn!


Our little Evie turned 1 on Friday! Wow, this year has gone fast. We spent the bulk of Friday driving home from San Diego, so that evening we simply grabbed yummy cupcakes from Costco for a simple celebration. Grandma Jane was here Saturday evening for gift opening and more cupcakes. It was easy and low key, a perfect celebration for a 1 year old!

Evie is such a fun little sister to have in our home. She is happy and giggly and curious. She is sweet and loves to wave and blow kisses. She is also very good at shaking her head "no" whenever she deems necessary. Her favorite activity is walking. She spends a good 85% of her awake time just walking. The rest is spent pulling out books from the bookshelf and eating, I think!

Evie loves to eat! We have still not found anything she really dislikes, which makes meals just fun. Her favorite snack are string cheese and dinosaur chicken nuggets. She also will never turn down one of Alexis's delicious homemade brownies!

In following with the other kids and their birthdays, I need to say one favorite thing about Evelyn for every year old she is, which is hard when you are only allowed one thing! So, I pretty much cheated by mentioning all sorts of things about Evelyn before I got to this point! I think my very favorite thing about Evie is simply that she is in our family! Our household gets loud and crazy and sometimes messy and out of control with 5 kids around, but having them is what makes life so special and fun. Life wouldn't be as sweet and happy without our little Evelyn squealing and toddling around the house.

A few of my favorite photos as our little one has grown this past year
















4 comments:

The Eccles said...

Hey Evie has the best birthday EVER!(It's my b-day too) I love her "lip" in the 1st picture! When are we going to get together???? We might just have to forget about the hubbies and do it ourselves?

Laura said...

Love all the photos!
I miss you Evie! Happy Birthday!!! We need to get together and play again soon! love, Sydney

Marla said...

I absolutely love the first picture of Evie. It is SO cute! Happy Birthday!

Anne said...

What darling, darling pictures of a darling, darling baby!! She is soooo cute. I can't believe she is already ONE. Time goes way too fast.