Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fine Cuisine

We never had Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in my house growing up. My mom thought it was gross and simply never purchased it for us. I still remember going to friends houses and loving to eat it--it was like a treat to me! Why mention this? Well, aren't there things each of us avoids purchasing for one reason or another?

At park day last week and few of us were chatting about what to send with your kids in school lunches. My friend, Sarah, said her kids love Top Ramen slightly crushed up with the seasoning packet sprinkled on it. I thought that sounded kind of fun, perhaps it was worth a try. Only problem? I don't buy Top Ramen. I kind of think it is a gross food, but I figured it could be worth a shot so when I was at the grocerry store I picked up a few packages for the kids to try.

When I told David about it, he informed me that Top Ramen is on the list of foods not allowed at school because it attracts Sea Gulls. Really? I have heard some weird restrictions on food this year at school. I think I need a list for proof. Anyway, so we cooked up some noodles--and the kids LOVE them! We finished off the 8 packs I had bought in 2 days and then when I went to Costco this week, David reminded me a number of times to pick up some more noodles there!

I was surprised just how much they loved them and decided I would go ahead and buy them occasionally--they are totally terrible for you, plus it is a snack that the older kids can actually make that I don't have to!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and my brothers LOVE Ramen Noodles, too! I have liked the since I was 3!!!! I love reading your blog
-Kayla Birch