Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shoes

Some might call it lazy, but I just call it sensible -- Evie got her first official pair of shoes just last week and yes, she is already 15 months old! What is the holdup? Well, she had Robeez for a bit when it was chilly. But then it was summer, and hot! I also have heard that it is better for little ones to go without shoes for longer to help the muscles in their feet improve, but that might just help me feel better, who knows. I just haven't really felt like she needed them.

Well, we are going to Disneyland in just about 2 weeks, hooray! I am sure Evie will want to do her fair share of walking, and she most definitely is not going bare footed. I also have learned from experience that little ones cannot go on the Autopia ride without shoes on, so there it is. Evie is in need of some shoes.

The problem? She is obsessed. Evelyn wears her shoes all the time. She doesn't even care if one falls off, as long as she has at least one shoe on. If she realizes they are not on, she will go to the shoe basket and rip out shoes until she finds hers. Oh, and if they are not there? Watch out!


Luckily she fell asleep on the way to church and I could take them off without her remembering!


Oh, was she mad that I left them in the van! We ran and got them shortly after this scene.

1 comments:

Laura said...

What a little character! That is so cute that she loves her shoes! Sydney likes hers OK. It's been hard to find a pair that fits Sydney's chubby feet!