Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Football and life...

It is taking us a bit to get back into the swing of things. We spent all last week at Disneyland, and we had a great time! I am still trying to find the time for a nice long blog about that...I will get there soon!

We had one of those busy afternoons. Alexis, David, Lily, and Joe all had appointments with the dentist today. We go to a great pediatric dentist so it isn't too overwhelming to bring them in, and the kids all have fun when they're there (well, as much fun as you can at a dentist's office)!

We got home and headed straight to homework, which took a bit longer than usual since Alexis and David left school early and Alexis had a few in-class assignments to finish up. The homework was hard tonight, so my assistance was needed a bit more.

David had his first flag football game tonight, from 5:30-7:00. Tonight I was planning on taking the kids out to eat to make life a bit easier. I told David to gather his things to get ready to go and of course he can't find his mouth guard! So we grab everyone quickly and stuff them all into the van and head to Big 5 where I didn't buy just one, but three more mouth guards to prevent further "not remembering where we left it" catastrophes. We ran and grabbed dinner at a drive-thru and made it to his game on time, but he missed a bunch of the warm up time, oh well!

David had a good first game. His team is pretty good and although the city doesn't officially keep score, all the boys and lots of the parents keep score and David's team won 30-12 or something like that! David even scored one of the touchdowns, but I of course didn't have the camera out at that point!







We have had a full afternoon and evening! When we got home we unloaded the van and just dumped everything and relaxed a bit before showers and bedtime.

These are the evenings when your house is just untidy until everyone is in bed and you are ready to tackle the messes left behind, right? These are the nights when you are glad you don't have plans of anyone coming over because you can just leave it all for a few hours and be okay with it, right?

Around 8:45 I got a quiet knock on the door from my good friend Juliann bringing me a card and a plate of yummy cookies as a belated birthday gift. I can't very well hide my mess because it is quite literally as you walk in the house, so I welcome a friend to view my laziness-nice! Then around 9:45 (messes still not gone due to the fact the I am on the computer), I get another very quiet knock at the door--my sweet neighbors telling me I left all the lights on in my van! So now my neighbors know my dirty little secret too...when I am tired I am a slob! It is true!

Now that I can no longer be in denial, I thought I might as well just share with everyone! Welcome to my home this evening! If you plan to come over, however, please enter with caution...

Welcome...please watch your step


How we left the table when we realized we had to still run to Big 5 before the game

4 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

By the title of your blog I thought you were expecting!

The Eccles said...

You make me laugh!

Meagan Reitz said...

Why does it have to be such a dirty little secret? I definatly do the same thing. I want everyone to think my house is always like...well, mom's. Jusst not so. I still don't have the guts to post the reality to the world!

Laura said...

Your house looks great Keri. Seriously, it is lived in by 5 kids and 2 adults! I think it looks great! You can only do so much in a day... You are seriously a super mom.