Sunday, November 9, 2008

Randomness

We've been feeling like things are busy lately, but as I look back on our weeks, not much seems to be going on. I think I shall blame it on the time change. Evening seems to come too quickly now! Here's a few of the random things going on for us, plus my random thoughts for the evening!

The kids are busy with school and homework. I am thankful that the homework is not too hard and not overly time consuming! There is nothing I dislike more about homework than having homework that is just busywork nonsense!

David is still playing flag football, but has only 3 games left. He played his first late game last week, it was not an easy one for me since it didn't end until 8:30 and I had some fairly tired kids! The next two games are late too, fun stuff. Perhaps it will be worth getting a babysitter...


Discussing the play


The other night Alexis, Lily, and Joe had fun stamping and making fingerprint animals. Joe spent a great deal of time trying to draw "chi-angles", or triangles.




Alexis went to Grandma Jane's for the weekend. Jane and I often meet halfway between Sacramento and Vacaville to make the switched easier. We met up at Wendy's parking lot in Davis on Friday around 7 p.m., and Lily, Joe, and Evie were asleep! David and I enjoyed a nice, peaceful mom and son night together.

On Saturday David and Lily went and stayed the night at my friend Sarah's house. Joe fell asleep at 7 (he usually doesn't fall asleep this early, but I will take it!), Evie was out around 8 p.m., and I had such a quiet night to myself! Sadly, I was tired so I wasn't as productive as I could have been. That is my downfall these days.

Evie got the sleeves of her dress wet prior to dinner this evening, so I just took her dress off and planned to let her run around in her diaper for a bit. She ran out of the room and came back a moment later with a pair of pajama bottoms! So, I put them on her. She came back a few moments later with a onesie--so I sent David to help her find a t-shirt she could wear. The rest of the evening Evie kept bringing out random articles of clothing from her room and was trying to put them on. My favorite was when she walked in to the room with this shirt stuck on her head, which she was very proud of and left on for a while!


I was reading The Cat in the Hat Comes Back with Lily this evening. I haven't read it in a while, and it struck me at just how old the book is because the children were stressed out when the pink ink got all over dad's $10 shoes! Can you even buy shoes for $10 any more?

Joe left tonight to have his first solo slumber party at Grandma's. They were less than a quarter of a mile away when Joe said he missed us! How cute is that. He fell asleep before getting to Jane's, which I think will actually be good. Now he won't be too sad when it is time to sleep, which might make it all more fun for him tomorrow!

Alexis, David, and Lily were all tired from slumbering and partying, so they were all off to bed nice and early. Ez is completely wiped out from only getting 3 hours of sleep last night, so he was asleep even before the kids! Tonight I am hoping I can make better use of my time--blogging, reading, and being smart and heading to bed on time myself!

3 comments:

The Eccles said...

I love your "randomness!" Life is always busy! Hope you get some rest.

Laura said...

What a great post. Maybe I should do a post like that. I am always trying to think of good post ideas... Anyways, looks like your life has been busy! Amen on going to bed on time. I stay up way too late basking in my alone time -- blogging, watching TV, reading. By the time I look at the clock, I should've been to bed hours ago! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Keri,

Jaime said you found our family blog and made contact. (Even though you see a picture of Jaime next to this post, this is really Jason. I've resisted entering the blogging/facebook phase so I have to use her account.)

It was great to go to your blog and see some fabulous pictures. What a great looking family you have! It's looks like we are both in the same parenting stage: the flag football/gymnastics, off-the-wall family night discussions, hoping the kids will eat something other than chicken nuggets parenting phase.

Anyway, gotta run and call my younger brother Jared. His wife gave birth to their first child this morning (they live in Hawaii) and I want call and find out what name they chose.