Friday, November 21, 2008

A Visit from Grandpa


Keri's dad had some business not too far from Vacaville last week, so he came a few days early and came to visit. It was really nice to have Grandpa Brant here. He was here for the Primary Sacrament Meeting Program, and then on Monday we took a trip to Apple Hill where we enjoyed Apple Cider Donuts and delicious cider. I haven't had a cider donut for about 20 years, and it was just the way I remember them smelling and tasting. YUM! We all enjoyed them.

On Monday night the kids curled up around Grandpa for some stories. I made sure he read some of my favorites he read to me when I was little, so we heard A Giraffe and a Half, Where the Wild Things Are, and One Monster After Another.

We had a great visit, although it was short! Hopefully Grandpa's job will bring him back around again soon!


Lily and Grandpa snapping our green beans


Everyone enjoying the cider donuts












Bedtime stories with Grandpa Brant

3 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

What I would give for one of those donuts right now! You're family is soooo adorable. Ez is pretty cute too.

Laura said...

How fun! There is nothing like grandma or grandpa coming to visit. Mmmmm... apple hill! I am so excited to go next week. Oh -and I am almost positive that we are coming over on Wed. What type of pie should we bring? And what time? I am so excited to see you!!!

Meagan Reitz said...

I know it was alot of fun for dad too! But, I have to say, I'm kind of miffed he didn't bring back any donuts for us!! Not even from NY! I need the apple cider donut back in my life!!!