Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sisters

Alexis and Lily shared a room when we first moved to Vacaville. When Evie was old enough to sleep through the night well, we gave Alexis her own room and now Evie and Lily are in a room together.

Every now and then Lily and Alexis start to miss each other and I will let them have a slumber party in Alexis's room, but only on the weekends. The past couple of nights Evie has had a harder time falling asleep and staying asleep, so Lily has been doing her night reading in Alexis's room. Last night when I went to get Lily into her room, the girls begged for a sleep over and I caved. I was actually surprised has quickly they fell asleep--it went far better than I had expected!

Tonight was similar, but when I went to get Lily for bed, they were all cozy and nearing sleep, so I let them be. Of course, when I went to officially say good night to them, they were totally hot--they had 3 or 4 small blankets on them, plus both of the girls down comforters on!

It is not every day that they get along so well, so I am deciding to encourage it in any positive way these days!

3 comments:

The Eccles said...

Holy Cow Keri...you did a lot of blogging! I love Evie's music during breakfast!

Alexis said...

I love you. Mom I really like the picture.

Laura said...

I'm glad they are such good friends. That sure makes things easier I bet. I love the pic of them sleeping.