Saturday, February 14, 2009

Taco Tuesday

About a month ago I made fish tacos for dinner. We hadn't had tacos (of any sort) for quite a while, and the kids devoured them. David thought it would be fun if we tacos for dinner every Tuesday, which actually sounded like fun. We kind of had forgotten how fun and easy tacos are as a meal. We've had fish tacos, steak tacos, regular tacos. The kids favorite so far was this past week--we had spaghetti tacos.

Never heard of spaghetti tacos? Well, you don't spend enough time watching iCarly! As Carly would say, "What, noodles can't live happily in a hard corn shell?" The kids have been wanting to try Spencer's spaghetti tacos for a while now, so this week it finally happened.

There were two struggles for me in making these tacos:

1. I had to buy hard shell tacos, which I find kind of gross and never buy.
2. I knew I wasn't going to want spaghetti in my tacos, so I had to make regular tacos as well, which means I made two dinners for one meal.

The kids LOVED the tacos! Evie couldn't eat the hard shell taco, but she loved the pasta in a soft tortilla. The kids gobbled up all but one of the hard shells and ate most of the pasta. I was surprised at how tasty they found them!







3 comments:

Kayla said...

How fun! Now I want to make them. When you first said "Spaghetti Tacos" it reminded me of iCarly, and I was like "that's funny".

~Stappsters~ said...

You are way cool Mom.

The Eccles said...

We started "taco Tuesday" a couple of years ago...but I guess I am boring, we just have standard beef tacos.