Wednesday, April 8, 2009

3rd time's a charm..

Lily is our most girly of girls. Since she was about a year old she has been obsessed with jewelry, nail polish, make up, high heel shoes, the works. She has been wanting to get her ears pierced for the past couple of years, but just hasn't been really ready to do it. We took her in twice last year, only to have her leave before ever sitting on the chair. We decided it was time to hold out and wait for her to really, really be ready. In fact, she had to earn it. We knew that when she was really ready, she would know.

Her goal was pretty simple. Once she read the Book of Mormon Reader, she could get her ears pierced. She was reading some here and there for a while, but then the weekend of her birthday, she decided it was time to finish!

Lily was so cute and brave getting her ears pierced. She said it felt like her ears were being stapled, which is probably a pretty good description. Lily is loving her new, fancier ears, and is taking very good care of them! She is also counting down until May 12, the day she can officially switch them, fo that is a very exciting moment too!


Fancy ears! Taken the day of...

A few days later, I just like this photo!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats Lily! That is so exciting! I think that I was 6 when I first got my ears pierced too!

Kayla said...

She's so pretty! I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 10, I don't even wear earrings very often (well, at all) anymore. Maybe I should. . .

The Eccles said...

PRETTY! I love it, what a day to remember...
I remember I was in kindergarten when I got mine done, my 20 year old sister snuck me out of the house(cuz my parents didn't approve)and I got to stay up past bedtime!