Thursday, May 7, 2009

If you give this mom a thought...

Joe and I have been reading the Laura Numeroff books that we have in our house. You know the ones--If you give a Pig a Pancake, If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, If you Give a Moose a Muffin, to name a few.

They are fantastic stories about these cute animals getting one random and cute idea one after the other until they come full circle back to their original moment of random and funny ideas.

As I have read these books, I have realized that my life these days is very much like one of these stories. My mind constantly seems to jump from one need or chore or idea to something completely unrelated just moments later. I keep coming up with these grand ideas of things to do, things I want to learn, ways to approach things...and suddenly I find myself these days with too many ideas and not enough strategy on how to get it all done! I have to stop coming up with all my clever little plans and thoughts and ideas...they are leading nowhere!

Perhaps soon I will stop trying to start so many projects and just begin to focus! Perhaps then I might get those sewing projects done, or get those photos organized, or try those new recipies, or read those books that are stacking up because I keep reserving things at the library! The list goes on.....it's time to make some progress, I think!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Branden and Jared love those books.

~Stappsters~ said...

You're amazing Keri!