Saturday, February 2, 2008

Joining the ranks!

I have had so much fun exploring other people's blogs lately that I decided to jump on the bandwagon and create one for our family! We will see how long it takes me to really figure out what we are doing and how often we can update it!

David had a basketball game this morning that Ez and I couldn't go to--thanks Grandma for taking him! Only 5 kids were there so they all got to play the entire game. It was not the game to miss, unfortunately, because David scored a number of points and their team actually won!

Lily is currently fascinated with ladybugs and believes they would make great pets. She has caught a few in the last few weeks and I have only let her keep them for a few hours, which breaks her heart every time. Then we discovered how to keep one--she had one for two and a half days before it died. I think we will get better as we go along!

Alexis had to do her presentation of the biography she read this week. She was Juliette Gordon Low, the founder of the Girl Scouts. Alexis loves to act, so she really enjoyed trying to become her character and really had a fun time. The book was interesting too!!

Evelyn has been busy growing up. She is six months now and is sitting really well and has taken on crawling. I was hoping she would be happy just sitting and playing for a while, but I suppose with everyone else around, she wants to get up and go too! She is getting more and more fun for the kids to interact with, so we are all having great fun.

Joe has managed to avoid any major catastrophies in the home this week--hooray! Has been having load of fun with the football and legos. My favorite thing he says currently--"Leave me my lone!"

We are in the midst of repainting in the house--can we say chaotic? We started the front room this week and realized it's current color required us to prime the walls--and the ceiling unfortunately! So what was initially a 2 day project has been sitting in limbo until Monday until Ez has a bit of free time and can get to the rest of it....we will enjoy it when it is done, at least.

0 comments: