Saturday, April 26, 2008

The strike is over!

You know how babies tend to be fussy eaters at times, especially when they are teething and their little mouth hurts? Evie has been teething like a mad woman lately--she got two of her top teeth about 2 weeks ago and the other 2 have been bugging her for the past week.

The pain of it all has caused a little food strike. For the past week Evie has wanted to have nothing to do with eating any form of baby food that would come to her on a spoon. She has survived on Cheerios, graham crackers, cheese, and Dino chicken nuggets from Costco.

I knew today her mouth must be feeling better because she actually let me look at her teeth. There they are, nearly in! You know what that means--FOOD! Our little Evelyn ate like it was going out of style today, it was rather hilarious.

I have my own version of "homemade" baby food--pretty much a can of fruit that has been canned in fruit juice is a heck of a lot cheaper, and those frozen veggies are truly so good foo you... So I grabbed a can of peaches and blended up about 3/4 of them. No joke, Evie ate them all, along with cereal! Then about 3 hours later she plowed through the rest! And that is on top of the chicken nuggets and all those other goodies. I am glad to have my hungry little eater back!

0 comments: