Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thank you for the music

Alexis and David got to go and spend the night with Grandma Jane last night. They went and saw a production of The Sound of Music, and then are going to Rumpelstiltskin this afternoon. They will be home tomorrow in time for church. What a treat for them, but it is always a little treat for me too!

I got up early to feed the baby and heard my phone telling me I had gotten a text, so I pried myself out of bed. It was Ez telling me he was too tired to drive home and he was just going to stay and sleep at the office. So now my head started reeling with plans. It was early and I was awake. I had all sorts of time today to get a bunch of things done, and I was actually in the mood to do it!

I spent the first couple of hours cleaning my room--organizing the closet, finding hidden treasures under the bed, dusting, that sort of thing. Once the kids were up and entertained, I moved on to tidying the kid's rooms. I needed some music, and since I had just straightened all the CDs in my bedroom, I knew exactly what to grab.

**random explanation here**
I grew up in a house where music was important. To say my dad loves music is an understatement, and I will leave it at that! I have so many memories of singing around the piano as dad played songs, of spinning circles in the living room to all sorts of music. There are some albums, like most people, that are simply ingrained somewhere within our memories ready to come out as soon as we hear it again. So, thank you, Dad!

**back to the point**
While tidying my CDs I saw my ABBA album. LOVE IT. I listened to it all the time when I was younger. Truth be told, I don't think I have opened that CD in about 10 years. So I thought, what is better cleaning music than some fun ABBA? I had so much fun cleaning things up today, if you can believe that. The moment ABBA started to play, it was like the lyrics flew out of nowhere. I had such a fun, fun time today having those sweet memories of that album.

And in those famous ABBA words:

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me


And that is my rambling for the day...

1 comments:

Anne said...

I love putting on music while cleaning up. I haven't done that in a while- thanks for the reminder. And I love ABBA. Great songs.