Saturday, May 31, 2008

Full of grace?!

I have never been considered one of those girls with a lot of coordination, plain and simple. I am pretty much a spaz. I remember as I was growing up I would just bump into things as I walked by. There was one corner on the counter top in our kitchen that I particularly remember smacking with my hip or side more times than I can count! Luckily I have grown out of much of that awkwardness, but I still have my moments. There are those days when suddenly a corner or a chair leg comes and hits me out of nowhere!

Yesterday I was in the kitchen and thought of something I needed to go and grab, so I quickly went off to get it. On my way through the doorway into the living room, I happened to misjudge where the computer chair had been left and I smacked my foot terribly hard on it! Man, was I in pain.

I am pretty certain I broke it because it is killing me. A friend suggested I see a doctor. What will they do, splint it for me? I can tape it to the toe next to it on my own. Plus, I just don't have time for that. So now I am limping around like a gimp, with a rather painful memory that I am in no way graceful in my movements!

Here is a picture of my lovely foot. It is actually a few shades darker than this right now, but in truth it hurts a bit less. Please note the following before viewing:
1. Lily regularly paints my toe nails and I tend to leave it on quite a while before taking it off, so my toes are always crazy painted looking.
2. I have always been aware of my freakishly long toes, so it takes great courage, or perhaps stupidity, to actually post them on the Internet. My feet are not lovely. Perhaps that is why I am not graceful!

3 comments:

Marla said...

Ouch! I hope it feels better soon! You and Nicole have very similar toes. You could be feet twins =)

Laura said...

OUCH! That looks so painful! Let me know if you need me to watch your kids if you decide to go to the Drs! Oh- and Evie is so cute feeding Duke! Smart dog and baby!

Anne said...

Yikes! That looks awful! I totally can relate to your gracefulness. I stubbed my baby toe on a door jam many years ago and the bone set all crooked. It still bothers me sometimes. If it's really bad, I'd go in and have the Dr. check it out. You never know.

And your feet are super cute, too! :) Love the polish.