Monday, May 5, 2008

Sorrows of a freecycler

If you haven't been introduced to the world of Freecycling, it is a fantastic thing. It is a yahoo group that you can sign up for in your town, I am assuming most major cities and towns have a group. The idea behind it is this: anything that you no longer want in your home or have no need of and are willing to simply give it away, you post it on your freecycle account and offer it up. You arrange with whoever wants your item when they will come get it and you simply leave it outside your home. No personal contact. It is fabulous. We have been able to get rid of so many things this way without having to go to Goodwill.

Of course then there is seeing all of what other people have to offer, and sometimes you get some pretty cool things. For instance, I got Alexis her really nice barely used rolling back pack for school this year. I got a rather nice wooden 2 drawer filing cabinet. I got Lily a cute little pair of ballet shoes when she was obsessed but I didn't want to spend the money on them. My favorite thing so far, however, has been a double stroller. I have one and it is in okay shape, but it is getting a little older and I saw someone offer up a nice one. I was lucky to get it and have been enjoying it for the past few months. It is just nicer and newer than my blue one.

This past Saturday we had to go to a park in town for the very fantastic Pinewood Derby competition between all the top winner in the neighboring towns. It was intense, let me tell you! So I brought my stroller there, but of course Ez ended up holding Evie and I was watching the little ones at the playground. Toward the end of it all I ran Lily and Joe to the bathroom and ended up meeting Ez at the car.

It wasn't until I got to Lily's preschool this morning and pulled a barefooted Joe out of the van that I realized my stroller wasn't in the trunk--we left it at the park! My beautiful free stroller is no more. Luckily I hadn't gotten rid of the other one yet. I am so bummed!

On the up side....I put on a pair of Capri pants that I haven't worn in nearly 2 years since I was too pregnant last summer to wear them. I found $10 in the back pocket! Those are my favorite kind of surprises.

0 comments: