Saturday, May 10, 2008

Things this Mommy loves!

Here are a few things that make my life a bit easier!



Is it really a surprise that one of my biggest passions is Costco?! It is convenient and wonderful. You can buy everything at Costco! Plus, it makes the budget work so much better.




If you are searching for that piece of furniture that you will look at and say "Gee, I hope this lasts and we can pass it down to our children when they leave and have children of their own", this is not the store for you.

Ikea is fantastic for a number of other reasons, however. They have great kids furniture--things that will hold up while your kids grow and then you don't feel guilty when it is time to give it away. They have the best kids bowls, plates, cups. They don't last forever, but when you can buy a set of 6 for $1.50, does it really hurt to replace them every other year? Ikea has my very favorite high chair ever, and you can buy it for under $20. It is simple and small. It doesn't eat up your entire kitchen. Plus, it is SO easy to clean--hooray! They also have some really great kitchen items-my favorite being their cheese slicer, but I can't seem to find it there any more. The best part? Ikea has fantastic cinnamon rolls--and you get 6 for $4! What a deal.




My all time favorite cleaner. It works on everything and does a darn good job. It smells nice, and it is non-toxic, so I don't have to worry about cleaning agents and my kids. Let's say that I use it to clean my floor and then Evie comes along and decides to lick my floor--not that she would, but you never know with kids--she'd be okay! The best part? You can buy it in concentrate at Walmart in the automotive department in a 2 liter bottle for only a few dollars and it lasts quite a while!





Now that the weather is warming up, we are hitting the time when kids want Popsicles! If you haven't seen these little inventions, they are great. The dripstik is designed to prevent drippy messes on Popsicles or ice cream cones--one on each side of the holder. They are great and I love them!

p.s. The other thing I love about this photo--Joe's hair! Isn't it crazy? I have decided he is like our little Samson--his hair is his source of power. Of course it is getting a bit too wild. If I cut it, perhaps he won't be so crazy....one can dream.


We got this water table for Joe for his 1st birthday and I simple love it. A great place for the kids to play when I don't want them to swim, and a great alternative for little miss Evelyn! (isn't she getting so big?!)




Last but certainly not least, the DVR. Where would I be without it? Since I rarely have the option to watch any show at its normally scheduled time, I am so glad I can watch them whenever--plus then I get to skip the commercials!

1 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

Man Keri, you should get some promotional kickbacks on this advertisment. I'm going to try the simply green stuff.