Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Activity Days

Alexis really enjoys going to Activity Days, and tonight was no exception. This evening they held a stake activity that the moms were invited to as well--a modesty fashion show and workshop. It was really well done and fun. The leaders had some young women come and model their cute modest attire and then learned a few fun tricks about trying on clothing and where to buy a few fun things that work nicely as fun undershirts, etc. Then the girls got to make a cute little necklace with a wooden "bead" of the Sacramento temple that one of the men in the stake had designed for the girls. Dessert was delicious and beautiul little angel sugar cookies. It was a fun night for Alexis and I to share together.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like fun! That is a good way to do that -- have the young women come out and tell them where to buy things. OH- and I'm glad that a new family has moved in! I hope it doesn't "replace" Jen and I! Hahaha. J/k. That is way exciting though! I'll call you tomorrow or early Friday when I have a better idea of when I will be able to stop by! I'm excited to see you all!

heidi said...

How fun for the girls! I might have to steal the idea for a YW activity that we can do for the activity girls in our stake!! I did the same thing when I was that age! That is actually one of my fondest memories of that time in church! It is so fun to keep in touch with you guys! It is definitely much easier this way!

Val said...

Alexis, you are looking so grown up! You are a beautiful young lady, and I am glad that you have great activities to go to where you can learn such important and practical things. It's a good thing to be able to share times like this with your mom, and have it be a special memory for you.