Thursday, August 14, 2008

My last class

Tonight was my last cake decorating class. Tonight we finished learning how to make a rose, learned to make the sweet pea flower, and use the leaf tips.

Let me tell you, when you watch those ladies at Costco whipping out roses like it is nothing, do not for one moment think that it is all that simple! My first attempt happened to be my best--it was a fluke, I am sure. I think the more I thought about doing it the right way, the harder it got. Anyway, they turned out not too bad, but they are FAR from what they are supposed to be!

No matter what, I had fun and learned a few new skills, which was the whole point of the class!

2 comments:

The Eccles said...

GO KERI!
Roses are the hardest...but yours looks GREAT! I will have to hire you for my next party! Enjoy your last week of summer-

Marla said...

Nice job! Roses are so difficult to make. You did great!