Saturday, February 7, 2009

Joe's Magical Jammies

Joe was in need of a new pair of jammies. Tragedy had recently struck one pair and his other favorite pair is getting old and a bit small. When we were at Costco on Tuesday, Joe found the perfect pair of new jammies (where else would we buy them, right?)!

It is easily understood that shortly after getting such an exciting new item, they should be worn, right? Joe changed into his pajamas around 2:00 that day. Around 3:00 he wanted to relax and watch some TV, so I turned on a show in my room and let him have some down time. It was nice and quiet in the house for a while. Alexis and David got home from school around 3:30. Still nice and quiet. Around 4:00 I went to check on Joe, and he was asleep!

"Joe" and "asleep in the middle of the day" are typically not phrases you want in the same sentence. That means he stays up far too late at night, past what mom would even call her own bedtime perhaps. Still, he looked deep in sleep, like he really needed this nap, so I let him rest. Dinner time came and he still was not stirring. I let him rest. It was nearing bedtime for the kids and Joe still was deep in sleep! I figured at this point he needed his rest and that quite likely he would wake up in the middle of the night and he could just hang out with a movie on in my room or something. Well, I headed to bed around 10:30, and Joe was still deep in sleep. I was surprised when he did finally wake up--at 5:00 the next morning!!!

He obviously needed a rather good night's sleep, and I am so glad he got it! His new pajamas must be magical, bringing restful sleep to the dear child that wears them!

On a side note, Joe must be growing and that is why he needs a bit more sleep right now. We measured Joe on the wall on December 1 and then he asked me to measure him on Monday, the 2nd. That is just a two month space of time and Joe has grown nearly 2 inches! WOW! He is already the size of a lot of the kindergartners in Lily's class. How big will he be when he is actually in his own class in 2 years?!
A well rested Joe

1 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

I need magic jammies. I love this blog entry!! Joe takes after his daddy.