Saturday, February 7, 2009

WICKED!


I have been wanting to see WICKED for quite some time, never really thinking I would. It has been showing in LA for the past couple of years, but I just can't mentally justify a long trip to see the show. Then Ez found out the Wicked was closing in LA and coming back up to San Francisco!

Jane came over and watched the kids Thursday afternoon so that Ez and I could go see the show. We got in San Francisco in plenty of time to drive around and find where we needed to be. We parked and took a nice long walk before dinner. We ate at the Acme Chophouse right next to Pac Bell Park. Dinner was delicious!

The Orpheum Theater, where WICKED is playing, is very beautiful. The only problem is that it is old and the rows are so close together, poor Ez was cramped the entire night!

Seeing WICKED was amazing. It far exceeded what I expected. Although I know the music and have been listening to it for the past few years, the songs took on much deeper meaning and had so much more emotion to them than I expected. I was surprised at how much I fell in love with Galinda. She was hilarious! Songs that have been my favorite on the soundtrack were performed amazingly, but I found that two of my favorites in the show were Popular (hilarious) and As Long As You're Mine (moving). The performance of Defying Gravity was amazing as well, but I fully expected that!

As soon as the performance was done I craved more. I can't wait to go again. Honestly. I am so glad the it will be here for a while, it gives me opportunity to go at least once more. In fact, Ez and I are going to take Alexis, David, and Lily, but probably not until next year. We have a lot of fun things already planned for the rest of this year, including going to see The Lion King, so WICKED will have to wait a bit longer.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Again, I'm so jealous. But, again, thanks for telling me about it. Gav and I will have to go someday... hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm glad it will be around for awhile!

~Stappsters~ said...

We are going in March. I can't wait!!

Kayla said...

Grrr. I have the green eyed monster. . .

My parents went to see it last year, and I had to stay and watch my brothers. I want to go sooo bad!! I love the music.