Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One Cool Potato!


One of Lily's homework assignments this week was to decorate a potato. I am not sure what they are going to do with it, but apparently it will be used throughout the rest of the week. Lily is certain they will be making a movie with them.

Decorating a potato is the kind of homework I love. If it fun, relaxing, creative. Plus we get to dig through our crafts and use some fun things. Lily and I picked some cute fabric and ribbon that is very "Lily". We cut the bottom off of a cup and glued our potato into the cup so she would stand up and then gave her a cute little skirt. Lily wanted to give her a top too, but it just didn't look right, so we opted to leave it off. The big flower "clip" on the hair reminds me of Lily too.

The assignment mentioned that these potatoes would be handled over the next few days and to make sure everything would stay on. We used the hot glue gun, but apparently is wasn't quite enough because Lily said that when she got to school one of the arms had fallen off and so had the flower in her hair. How sad. Hopefully the teacher will tape it on for her or something.

It was a fun homework project for Lily and me!

2 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

I love it! I think I will have the boys do this!

The Eccles said...

I love the little skirt! How cute!