Friday, June 12, 2009

Time vs. Age

Whenever our family would drive somewhere that would take a while when I was a kid, my mom would tell us to go ahead and fall asleep, then we'd be there sooner. Me being the non-napper in the family, never really went that route and so I suppose it always took me a little longer to reach our destination.

Knowing what my mom told me about sleeping earlier in my childhood, I should definitely feel like I have all the time in the world these days! I am still not napping, nor do I regularly get enough sleep. It should be taking me forever to reach my destinations! Right?

Wrong. Apparently when you get older,things change and suddenly it has something to do with blinking, which apparently I should stop doing. Because I could have sworn yesterday was the middle of May. Then I blinked. Today it's nearly the middle June!

We've been busy these past few weeks with just the basic business of life, but it has somehow seemed busier than normal. I will not attempt to recapture everything we've been up to, for I simply don't remember it all (another nasty product of that whole getting older business). I'll just post a few highlights to try to make up a bit for lost time...

0 comments: