Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A little bread with our zucchini

We've planted a garden this year. It has been a learning and growing experience. Mostly, however, it has been a lot of fun. Lily and Joe enjoy it the most. They ask every day if they can go "harvest" vegetables. I finally had to make a rule that they would have to show me exactly what it was they wanted to pick before doing so, because we had lots of pre-ripened veggies for a little while.

We ended up with more zucchini plants than we realized initially, so we have been enjoying a lot of zucchini in a variety of ways this summer. Our favorite way, however, is zucchini bread. Our recipe is simple yet delicious, which just so happens to be my favorite kind of recipe!

Evie was my loyal helper when it came to making bread.


Evie doesn't mind the loud noise of the wheat grinder



Watching to make sure it is mixing and kneading well

Yum! A job well done.

1 comments:

Laura said...

MMMM.... you should post your recipe! (Or at least e-mail it to me!) You are such a great cook -- every recipe I make that is from you is delicious!